Having introduced the first 2008 to Irish motorists on 2013, Gowan Distributors, Peugeot Importer in Ireland, has announced pricing for the latest Peugeot 2008 SUV. Coming initially with diesel models, with petrol powertrains due in March, and the e-2008 arriving on April, they will retail from:
· €23,900, plus delivery related charges for the Active 1.2 PureTech petrol 100bhp
· €25,900 plus delivery for the Active 1.5 BlueHDi 100bhp model
· Full electric e-2008 SUV pricing will be announced closer to launch, this April.
Des Cannon, Managing Director at Gowan Distributors, said: “The all-new 2008 SUV has real road presence and I have full confidence it will gain new custom, even in its very competitive B SUV segment. Our philosophy of offering customers the option to choose the model, then choose the powertrain – petrol, diesel or electric – without compromising on space, technology, looks or driving sensations, is striking a chord with customers. We strongly believe this approach allows customers to opt for the powertrain that best suits their exact needs.”
This new Peugeot 2008 SUV is longer and wider than its predecessor model, measuring 4.3m long, 1.77m wide and 1.55m high, with a maximum capacity of 1,467 litres in the boot, even with an electric battery in place; the battery is positioned under the floor of the all-new e-2008 SUV, so there’s no compromise to space.
The 2020 2008 SUV is available with a choice of four PureTech petrol engines:
· 1.2 PureTech 100bhp 6-speed manual
· 1.2 PureTech 130bhp 6-speed manual
· 1.2 PureTech 130bhp 8-speed automatic
· 1.2 PureTech 155bhp 8-speed automatic
Customer opting for diesel will get a 1.5 BlueHDi 100bhp, with a 6-speed manual transmission.
Peugeot’s first all-electric SUV will be the e-2008, powered by a 50kWh battery and 136hp motor, providing a range up to 310kms from a full charge, under WLTP testing.
2008 Trim Levels
Active trim includes:
· 16” alloy wheels
· Air conditioning
· 6 airbags
· Hill Start Assist
· Rear parking sensors with rear view camera
· eco LED headlight
· Front fog lamps
· Rear full LED 3D claw-effect lights
· Programmable Cruise Control and Speed Limiter
· Speed Limit Recognition and Recommendation
· Extended Traffic Sign Recognition
· Automatic headlights and wipers
· Two ISOFIX child seat fittings
· Child locking on rear doors
As with many of the Peugeot family, the new 2008 comes with their i-Cockpit, featuring a compact multi-function steering wheel, heads up instrument panel and touchscreen. The convenience features of Bluetooth, Mirror Screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto is also standard across all versions.
Customers choosing the Allure trim, (€25,850 plus delivery related charges), gain:
· The latest-generation PEUGEOT 3D i-Cockpit with a configurable 3D instrument panel display
· 17” alloy wheel
· Central front armrest
· Electric/heated/power folding door mirrors
· Front parking sensors
· Electro-chrome rear view mirror
· Privacy glass
· Automatic climate control
· Passenger seat height adjustment
· Electric parking brake
· Modular boot (2 position boot floor)
· Roof bars.
Stepping up to the GT Line version, (from €28,380 plus delivery), adds:
· Heated front seats
· 10” touchscreen with satellite navigation
· Dark chrome chequered grille
· Twin chrome exhaust
· Black diamond roof and rear spoiler
· Choice of eight LED mood lighting colours
· Full LED headlamps with Smartbeam Assist
· LED front fog lamps with cornering function
· LED daytime running lights with 3-claw headlight
· Frameless interior rear-view mirror
· Active Safety Brake.
The top of the range GT trim, (from €34,950 plus delivery,) further adds:
· Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
· Lane Positioning Assist
· Active Blind Spot Monitoring
· Smartphone charging plate,
· Alcantara upholstery
· 18” alloy wheels
· Peugeot Open & Go Hands Free Access.