Motorists using the M7 Motorway linking Dublin to Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Tipperary, Clare, as well as a vast region of Ireland’s Midlands, can now refuel both themselves and their vehicle at Junction 14, known as the Monasterevin Junction.
It is the culmination of 8 years of work and a €7 million investment by local businessmen Donal and Liam Fitzpatrick from Monasterevin, Co. Kildare and is the first privately promoted Motorway Service Area to be built and opened in Ireland. The Fitzpatrick Family has been trading successfully in Monasterevin, Co. Kildare since 1954, in the motor, agricultural machinery, hardware and forecourt business.
It is also the only motorway service area that can be accessed from both sides of the motorway, both north and southbound, as it is situated at a full junction.
- 24 hour Texaco fuel stop
- 24 hour Toilet Facilities
- ATM service
- Fast Charging Points for Electric Cars by ESB eCars
- Car Wash Facility with Brush and Jet Car Washes
- Spar Express, Supermac’s, Insomnia Coffee and a Food Service Counter
- Food Service Counter open 6 am-9pm
- 170 Car Parking Spaces
- 25 Dedicated Truck Parking Spaces and 5 Dedicated Bus Parking Spaces
- Restaurant Seating Area and Outdoor Seated/Picnic Area
- 50 people employed
Developer brothers Liam and Donal Fitzpatrick of Monasterevin.